Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Ever After, After All This Time

Well, I've decided to create a blog for myself and Ryan.  I'm telling myself it will motivate me to take more pictures of our day to day lives; hopefully I can stay committed! Here's a quick recap of our first five months of marriage:

*Ryan and I got married on February 19th at the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Houston.  Our reception was at The Crystal Ballroom at the Rice Hotel.  It was the PERFECT day, and we shared each and every minute with the all of the people we love.  Everything was magical and if we could go back and relive that day over and over again, we'd be ok with that. :) Here are a few of our favorite pictures from our wedding day that we wanted to share with you; our photographer was Janine Garner-she did a FANTASTIC job:

"THE DRESS" :)
my beautiful bridal party and a "first look" photo
  


after the, "I Dos'

my favorite shots by far



our first dance- "Never Alone" by Lady Antebellum
.
perfect fairy tale ending

* Over Spring Break, Ryan and I spent 6 nights and 7 days in BEAUTIFUL Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  We could not have asked for a more romantic, relaxing honeymoon.  The weather, food, scenery, and company was everything we could have asked for.  We had a few minor hitches-Ryan got sick one day and I spent an afternoon at the resort's clinic with a foot rash-but all in all it was amazing.  We plan going back as soon as we can :)

                        
                                       the view from our room!!
                    
                                 white sand trumps Galveston beach
first night at the resort

schoolin' people at pool

Ryan planned a beach front dinner-best meal EVER!

a beautiful view of our resort's pool area

lovin' my hubby

sad faces for our last night there



*Since then, I've finished my fifth year teaching third grade at Cline Elementary.  It was a really, really great year.  My kids were great this year and I will miss each of them as they make their way to intermediate school. Ryan has stayed busy working, but I'm so lucky that he always tries to make it home for dinner.

*We've been busy making our house a home recently.  It is the most amazing feeling to know that each and every day I get to wake up and go to sleep with my best friend.  We still love just being lazy and of course spending time with our two dogs, Harper and Hadley.  We love getting together with our close friends and having dinner parties.  Life is  SO good right now. We are both so very blessed to have each other in our lives.  We have SO many things to look forward to.  Our journey has just begun. :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!!!! I'm so excited you decided to join:) Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete