Thursday, March 1, 2012
39 Week Update
With our due date quickly approaching (this Sunday) I was so excited to head out to our appointment this morning. I've been having minor cramping and doing a lot of walking and such so I just knew things were starting to progress. Well, after a long day at the doctor's office and ultrasound office my doctor has scheduled me for an induction on 3-12-12 (41 weeks 1 day) if Weston decides he's too cozy inside mommy. Today I was the same as last week, 50% effaced and still closed. She said with no dilating going on and my outside measurements already putting me at 41 weeks she wanted me to have another ultrasound to check his size, so we headed downstairs to the ultrasound place. After 3 1/2 hours we got in and the radiologist said everything looked great and that he was measuring in the 51st percentile and an estimated weight right now of 7.1 lbs. We are probably looking at an 8 lb baby, which I'm a little nervous about but I'm glad to know everything is ok. We talked a lot with Dr. Smith about a c-section today after the appointments on the phone, but after the results came from the radiologist there is just not a medical need to plan a c-section. I am however very sad to know that if he is that late Dr. Smith will not be delivering me. She is going to be out of town the week of Spring Break. It's comforting to know though that at least there is an end date in sight just in case he decides to nestle up a bit more :) The next post will be the HAPPIEST post we've made so far; until then we will just "patiently" wait :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment