Tuesday, January 31, 2012

35 Week Update

Yesterday I had my 35 week appointment and ultrasound!  I can't believe in 5 weeks, or less, our little one will be here!  Right now they are estimating that he weighs 5 lbs 11 oz (60th percentile at this stage). Of course this could be wrong, but from what it looks like he will be bigger than both Ryan and I at both!  We both have tall people on both sides of the family, so I am very curious to see just how big our little stinker will be!  This ultrasound technician was AMAZING!  She talked to me the entire time she was doing measurements and taking images which was so nice because I was so nervous.  She of course commented on the fact that Weston did NOT want to show his face...our child is a shy one ;)  She did say though that it looks like he has a lot of hair!  I simply can't describe how excited I am to see him!!!  The doctor said everything looks great and that he is in the head down position getting ready to make his entrance!  Dr. Smith didn't check my cervix this time, but those checkups will start next Monday and will continue every Monday until he arrives!  Today at work I was having some "not so normal" pains, so I am curious to know if he is making his way into the birth canal.  It seems like he is having more and more episodes of the hiccups which I've been reading is good because he's practicing his breathing.  Time has FLOWN BY and Ryan and I are on a mission this weekend to install the car seats, wash his clothes and sheets, and do some final organization.  My sweet friends at work have started a calendar at work and people are making guesses of when Weston will make his debut; we will see who is right on the mark!  I will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment