Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pre Birthday Celebration

Today Weston had his first taste of what a birthday is!  Weston's Godparents, our sweet friends Caleb and Elizabeth, won't be able to make it to Weston's party in a few weeks, so they asked us to come over and celebrate with them early.  I couldn't even believe that they set up balloons, table cloths, AND had a Mickey Mouse cookie cake.  They are so sweet and so thoughtful.  We are incredibly lucky to have them not only as best friends, but also as Weston's godparents.  We ate tacos and sang happy birthday and devoured the cookie cake. The boys had a blast playing in Graham's ball pit and of course the bounce house.  Weston was a little apprehensive about the bouncing and sliding, but I think he liked it.  The boys even got to swing for a bit before nap time, or should I say Graham's nap time.  It was so sweet watching the boys play; Weston doesn't get to play with babies very often, if at all, so I am so glad he had a chance to interact with someone a bit more his size.

I have to admit, although it wasn't officially his birthday, I almost got a little emotional when we were singing happy birthday to him.  I can't believe my sweet baby boy is going to be a year old in just a few weeks.  He is the biggest blessing we could have ever asked for and is just as sweet and cute as can be.

Thank you Caleb and Liz for being the very best friends a family could ask for.  Loving, nurturing, thoughtful, and oh so fun!  We love you and Weston loves you DEARLY!

Weston LOVES balloons

how cute are Liz and Caleb?!

what a sweetie!

cookie cake...yum

happy, happy boy

make a wish my sweet angel

"yay!" it's cookie time

"hmm, I think I like this."

one of my favorite pictures ever...pure innocence and happiness

I think I would like some more

"mommy, you try!"

messy, happy boy


playing with his friend Graham

they had a blast in the ball pit

"mommy, just let me play"

zonked out after a day of fun (notice his snack is still in his hand)



1 comment:

  1. I love love LOVE this post! It made me all teary eyed! I love yall so much and we are all SO blessed to be in each others lives:) I am behind on blogging and currently back blogging, and I can't wait to get to this very same post:)

    ReplyDelete