Thursday, March 14, 2013

ONE YEAR RECAP


Age: One
Stats: 30 inches (55th percentile), 23.13 lbs (65th percentile) , 17 inch head circumfrance (45th percentile)
Favorite Foods: Blueberries, Sweet Potatoes, Pancakes, Peas, Grapes
Favorite Words: Mama, Dada, "no, no, no", ball, but he says a lot more :)
Favorite Toy:  Discovery Boxes from Lakeshore (mainly the crayons), Sights and Sounds Kitchen, any Little People truck or sets
Favorite Activities: Bath Time, Story Time, going on walks in the stroller or wagon, watching the dogs play, stacking his rings, watching Mickey Mouse
Least Favorite Activities: taking naps, getting his diaper changed
Nicknames: Bubba, Buddha, Weston Monster
"Westonisms" His tantrums are hilarious.  He bounces when he tries to be loud;  I guess he thinks it makes him scream louder. :)  When you say, "What does a dinosaur say?" He roars. "What does a Weston Monster say?" He roars.  "What does a sheep say?" He says, "baa." :) So sweet. He also gives you these looks that are classic.  I really wish I knew what he was thinking about sometimes. 
Mom's "Proudest" Moment: One of the first times I was clipping W's nails, I cut his pinky finger pretty bad.  He bled for at least 20 minutes and through a few band aids.  I felt like the worst mother EVER...pretty sure I called Ryan crying at least 3 times.
Runner Up: Hate to say it, but it still hurts me to leave him for too long.  We haven't ever stayed the night away from him...mainly because I'm afraid too.

Other Happenings...
the past month has been a rough one for Weston.  We have had a persistent ear infection that we just can't seem to kick.  Hopefully, third time is a charm, and our 3rd different antibiotic will do the trick.

our doctor was HIGHLY impressed with Weston's language development.  He is saying over 10 words at one (of course not everyone may understand each word) It was a proud moment :)

Weston is trying his hardest to learn how to walk.  Bless his sweet little heart; he is getting frustrated with his lack of mobility.  He wants to now hold only one of your hands and walk beside you throughout the house. So cute :)

Spring Break has been a BLAST!  We weather has been great and up until today, we have spent a lot of time outside.  Wagon rides, trips to the park, or just sitting on the driveway have been some of our favorite things to do this week.  Soaking up the vitamin d and spending time with my boy have been the highlight of this spring break!  Hopefully after another day of antibiotics we can go back outside :)

pure joy

he has my whole heart 

he loves his mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment