Monday, September 26, 2011

17 Week Update

   Well...time is flying by!  This afternoon I had my 17 week checkup and it went great!  It's been almost 5 weeks since I've been at the doctor, so it was music to my ears when I heard the little one's heartbeat.  It was a strong 154 bpm and she found it right away, directly under my belly button. My blood pressure is still in the normal range, which I am SO thankful for.  She did say I need to start exercising...so that is on my "to do" list.  While I was there, I went ahead and got my flu shot.  Sad to say, but I was scared getting it--I better get use to getting poked and prodded though. :)  We finished up the blood work for the genetics testing, so I'm anxious to get those results back.
    Now for the MOST EXCITING NEWS:  the big day is marked in the calendar: October 18th we find out whether we are Team Blue or Team Pink!!!  I'm hoping these three weeks go by fast and I'm sure they will.  It already feels like this year is flying by!  The kids keep me busy, so I just know March will be here before I know it!  We are both just so excited to finally give Baby S a name and start planning his or her nursery.  Ryan and  I decided that I will take the entire day off and then we will do some shopping after the appointments.
    Shortly I should start feeling our precious one move inside me, so we'll keep you updated as more progresses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment