Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weston is TWO MONTHS OLD!!

It's the 8th again and that means Weston is another month old!  Today we had his 2 month check up with Dr. Thint and experienced the wrath of multiple shots!!  It was INCREDIBLY sad hearing him scream and turn bright red, but it was nothing that his bottle of milk wouldn't fix.  As soon as I gave him it, he forgot all about the pain!  The check up went well and Weston is sitting right at the 50th percentile for weight, height, and head size.  He weighs 12.2 lbs and is 23 in. long. Dr. Thint said he still has a little murmur when she listens to his heart, but again...it's the one that SHOULD go away by his first birthday.  We discussed his spitting up and reflux and she gave us 3 choices: 1)  add a little rice cereal to his formula twice a day 2) change his formula completely and risk having what happened the first time we tried switching and 3) try a different medicine.  What did we choose?!  (Cue game show drumroll) CHOICE ONE! We decided that although the formula is SO expensive and smells like cheese-its, it's not worth chancing us trying a different formula and have him break out AND now that he's older refuse to drink the Alimentum again.  So we are going to try and stick it out two more months.  We are hoping by adding some rice cereal now it will thicken the formula up and keep him full longer and hopefully stick to his stomach so less will come up!  All in all it was a great appointment!  We love Dr. Thint and I am so glad Liz recommended her!

Now that I'm 2 months old I:

*am still sleeping through the night (usually 10:30-6:30)
*still don't LOVE tummy time, but I try to make mommy happy and do it
*hold my head up by myself when someone is holding me...I love looking at everything
*turn my head from side to side to see who is talking
*LOVE watching TV (although I shouldn't be)
*LOVE watching and listening to my musical toys, especially my puppy Poppy bought me
*weigh 12.2 lbs
*am 23 inches long
*eat 5-6 oz every 3 hours (sometimes less if I cat nap)...hopefully this rice cereal will keep my tummy full longer (yes, I am a little piggy)
*smile and coo ALL the time...except when Mommy wants to take my picture :)
*reach out to try and grab my toys
*still love bath time A LOT
*enjoy going for walks in the neighborhood
*love visiting Mommy and Daddy's friends (everyone thinks I'm so cute)
*watch my mobile go around and around in my crib and on my swing
*get so excited anytime I hear music
*use my arms and legs to communicate when I'm super happy or excited
*am TRYING to suck my thumb, but Mommy won't let me



Here are some of the pictures I got today during our photo shoot:

my handsome prince

"Mommy, MUST we do this first thing this morning?!"

HAHA I love this picture (he does this EVERYTIME he fake cries...what a HAM!)

my baby is getting so big!

one of the only HALF smiles I got this morning
"Some say I look awkward, I say I just wanted to show off my elbow!"

"oh stop, you're embarrassing me"

dancing sequence...pic 1

...pic 2

happy baby


Look how much I grew from month 1 to month 2:




No comments:

Post a Comment