Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weston is THIRTEEN Months Old

Well, our little one is no longer JUST a year old.  This growing, funny, sweet, and smart boy of ours is now now 1 year and 1 month old.  This past month I have really seen some big changes in Mister-
     1. Separation Anxiety is in FULL force.  It breaks my heart, but I try to just tell myself, "he's fine." Once he clings to someone, he really doesn't want to let go.
     2. He's becoming brave-going to new people, trying new things, and best of all taking up to 6 steps alone! It is so cute to watch him walk between us when Ryan gets home from work. He thinks it's the most fun game...ever!
    3. Personality Plus-Weston is getting SO funny. He just makes these faces and gestures that make me laugh out loud.  He also has started making "funny faces" to make people laugh.
    4. He wants to hold hands-AND I LOVE IT. Talk about melt your heart.

Although there won't be anymore cute stick on month labels, I still want to document Weston at each month past one year, so...

At 13 Months Weston...
*weighs 25 lbs
*wears 12-18 month clothes, 12 month pants and 18 month tops
*wears a size 4 diaper
*still only has 4 teeth...I think I see a few lumps in his mouth, but I guess his teeth are in no hurry to come in
*loves meal times...his favorite foods right now are: peas, hot dogs, blueberries, mac and cheese, animal cookies, grapes, and "chicken and stars" baby food
*is napping about 2 hrs. total daily (most of the time a small morning nap and at least an hour in the afternoon)
*is talking A LOT!  He says mama, dada, pop, lala, bath, bus, bye, no, baba (bottle), book, ball perfectly and he has his own versions of blue, yellow, purple, octopus (weird I know, but he loves his bath toy), yes, dog
*has the cutest dance moves...I swear he does "the twist"
*loves giving kisses...mainly to mommy
*still loves reading books, although recently he has torn a few books apart
*has discovered that he can scream...LOUD...he even sometimes stands on his tip toes (maybe that makes him scream louder...)
*does not drink from a bottle anymore and drinks regular milk!
*has had three ear infections now since 11 months...Dr. says one more within the next 4 months and we will be referred to an ENT for tubes
*got his first rash this last month...it was weird and didn't look good.  Luckily, it was mainly on his tummy.  At first, they thought it was a virus, but then later decided it was probably a contact rash (thinking from an applique on a shirt)
*is now taking up to 6 steps alone-mainly back and forth between people. He still can't stand on his own for a long time...he can maybe stand by himself , without moving, for 5 seconds.

I just can't believe how fast he is growing.  He no longer looks like a baby in pictures; every time I take one, all I see is a little boy.  I'm just trying to treasure each day and moment with him because everything is just going too fast.  He is completely, utterly, and undeniably the best thing Ryan and I have ever done and will ever do.  Ryan and I are so lucky to be this boy's parents!

Here are a few pictures of Weston from his "month"day!

my BIG ray of sunshine

happy baby

"mom, I thought these photo shoots were done"

being silly

where did my baby go?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment