Today Weston had his tubes put in and his adenoid taken out. I was a nervous wreck, well a week or two leading up to this day, but so scared the day of. I tried to keep it together for him, but I just wanted it all to be over. We got to TCH and Weston went straight for all of the toys in the waiting room. We checked in and before we knew it, we were back changing him into his yellow jammies. Weston was not in a good mood before the surgery since he hadn't ate or drank anything since the night before, so the doctor and nurse warned me, "he probably will NOT be happy when he wakes up." They took him back and we headed out to the waiting room and I was proud of myself for not crying. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes. We got to go back to the recovery room and Weston had just woken up and they said he came out of sleep really fast and he was thrashing about and wasn't fully awake. They ended up giving him some morphine and basically knocking him back out in hopes of him waking up in a better mood. I just held on to him for an hour or so while he slept and I was so happy when he finally woke up he was happy. He wanted a popsicle, so I knew he was ok :) The rest of the day we just spent the day resting and he seemed to be very agitated, but I knew it was just all the medicine. He drank a lot of fluids the day of and I was so happy that he never got sick to his tummy.
UPDATE: Today Weston woke up COMPLETELY fine! I am so happy to say that he is back to his normal happy, go lucky self and has a big appetite again. We go back to the doctor over Spring Break to have him check to make sure everything is healed!
heading to TCH for the procedure
zonked out afterwards
Pop came to visit and to help me feel better
No comments:
Post a Comment